Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Editor's side note on the dangers of automated blogging

Dearest readers,

Yesterday's word of the day "zerbert" is a term coined by Bill Cosby, and a picture of Bill Cosby accompanied the post. This post was in no way a show of support for this man, and there was no intention on my part to make light of his actions. I categorically and whole-heartedly condemn the actions, career, and character of Mr. Cosby. When I made the post it was intended as a playful word of the day referencing the work of a beloved artist. To say his long career as a comedian and self-styled role model is thoroughly tainted would be an understatement. The man is abhorrent.

The post was scheduled many months ago before the actions of Mr. Cosby were very widely known. I acknowledge that I was ignorant about his past. Unless anyone objects, I plan to leave the post where it is as a cautionary tale against lazy scheduled blogging. I am very sorry if my actions hurt anyone. I did not mean to offend.

Thank you for your continued readership.

Ben

No comments:

Nine holes

  Nine holes is a two-player abstract strategy game from different parts of the world and is centuries old. It was very popular in Englan...